Thursday, July 9, 2009

Tomato sandwiches and soul winning seeds...











I just love summer time, don't you? The warm sun, green grass, ripe watermelons, yummy homegrown tomato sandwiches, cold Popsicles, ice cream, the sound of kids jumping in the pool, and best of all SCHOOL'S OUT! That's right, I get to spend lots of quality time with my sweet monkeys!! While doing that today, I kept thinking about Colossians 1:10 -That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God;. That is what I want to do. I want to be like watermelon and vegetables in the summer time, I want to grow and be of good for someone. I want to grow as a christian every day so one day I can be just of the right use for God. He can give the plants just enough sun and rain to grow and thrive and he gives us just the right amount of knowledge to spread our seeds and grow as a christian. I had a friend from elementary school contact me recently that I haven't heard from since Jr High. She told me about how I planted a seed in her that grew and grew. I apparently asked her one day at school if she was saved. She was catholic and didn't have any idea what being saved meant. Well I am proud to say that she sure does now! Can you believe that? All those years God let that seed grow that I had planted so long ago.
He uses us to plant seeds, spread the knowledge and live our lives in an open window for others to see and grow. Now, if I can increase my knowledge in the Lord, grow more ripe everyday, maybe he can use me even more.
I hope everyone had a great summer day today.

No comments:

Post a Comment