Sunday, July 19, 2009

The devil came down to South Carolina...

Nah-nah-nah-boo-boo!
Last week I was thinking a lot about how the devil has been working over time at the Donald house trying to stir things up lately. I about wrote about it last week on my blog then I thought, nah, I'll just wait, maybe later. He is trying so hard to keep us from moving forward and getting closer to where God wants us. Everyday, I feel him near and problems arise way more than they use to when we weren't as close to God . Especially on church days or days that we want to do something for God. It started with VBS, we were to teach the Teens and we were stoked about it! We had been hoping that God was going to put us there and he did. Well the week of VBS, Jason started to get sick. Everyday he got sicker and sicker, coughing his head off and running a fever. He would come home from work, pale as could be. But God took care of that for us, because when we got there every night Jason said it was like God just took his sickness away while he was there! Then the next week, Jason was still battling his sickness (because you know how men are, they won't go to the doctor!) he coughed so much that he pulled a muscle in his chest. He has to do a lot of lifting at work so they just added to the mess! He was asked to speak to the teens one night on a outing for July 4th. Again, the pulled muscle happened right before he was supposed to go. But...we went, and he felt so much better while he was there that he went bowling and didn't even hurt! Amazing, huh? Next, on a Wednesday night I had to drive to a funeral in Georgia and Jason had planned his day so he would be home in time to dress the girls and take them to church that night. On the way home his truck tore up! He didn't make it home in time to take them to church. So the devil got one point there, but who's winning so far :) The stories go on, including my mom getting sick, then getting a good report, and lots more, but I won't name them all! But believe me, he is trying hard! Then I went to church today, and low and behold that is what our preacher preached about. That mean ole' satan, and the way he works! Last night, when I was so tired and drained and I couldn't sleep, I layed there and thought about everything and how I wasn't going to let him win! I will fight him every step of the way, and I will get closer to my God everyday! I want to make him mad! That's right! I want to show him that he can't mess with us because we are on the winning side! No matter how big of a storm he blows our way, I know that God will be there, keeping us safe until the storm passes by. He never leaves our side. Isn't that wonderful how he loves us? Ephesians 6:11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

1 comment:

  1. I love this blog entry! It's so true!

    Do you have plans for a cake for Eve's party because I ahve the CUTEST sleepover cake idea from when I was little! here's a site with a cake like it!
    http://jas.familyfun.go.com/recipefinder/display?id=50198

    See you soon! love ya!

    ReplyDelete