Sunday, July 26, 2009

May we count our blessings and pray for those less fortunate...


I just wanted to take the time and express how blessed I am to have such healthy children, a healthy husband and to be healthy myself. I don't thank God enough for everything that he does for me, and I need to. It makes me feel so bad to know that so many people are suffering from various different diseases and sicknesses, and I need to be more grateful that we are so healthy and blessed.


I took Eve to her 8 year old check up this past week, and they said she was as healthy as could be. I was relieved of course to hear this, but we all take it for granted how healthy our kids are. A friend of mine told me about a little girl who is 14 years old, that went to the dentist because her gums were hurting her so badly and she couldn't eat anything. The dentist said she needed surgery but right before he started the surgery he started to feel uneasy and asked the family if they could get some more test ran. When they did they found out that she had Acute Myelogenous Leukemia, a fast growing form of cancer of the blood and bone marrow. It made me realize that you never know from one day to the next what is going to happen. Your kids could be healthy as a horse one day and then the next week be very sick. I pray that my kids never have to experience any kind of sickness like this, and I pray for this sweet little girl to get better.


Can you join me? Let's thank God for our blessings and lets pray for sweet little Alex Carver.
Luke 11:1 And it came to pass, that, as he was praying in a certain place, when he ceased, one of his disciples said unto him, Lord, teach us to pray, as John also taught his disciples.
James 5:16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.


Wanna check up on Alex? Visit her Caring Bridge site http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/alexcarver

No comments:

Post a Comment