Monday, September 28, 2009

Faith the size of an M & M

I found a lump under my arm about 3 months ago. I am known to get fatty tumors in my breast but this one was different. It was about the size of a plain M & M , hard and it didn't hurt. All the others were soft, large and painful. I kept watching it hoping that it would go away. I checked it daily just to make sure that it wasn't growing and hoping that one day when I checked it would be gone. It was definitely there. It never changed so I made an appointment with my doctor. They couldn't see me for 3 weeks. I wasn't scared about this one really I had peace about it that I can't explain. The other times that I felt lumps, I would worry myself silly but not with this one. I have always feared having cancer of any sort. My biggest fear is loosing my hair and not being there for my family. During the time of waiting on my doctors appointment I didn't pray that it wasn't cancer, and I didn't pray for it to go away, I just prayed for God to use me however he saw fit and for me to do His will whatever the outcome.
I went to the doctor today and that's when I started to get a little nervous. I went into the restroom and prayed a little prayer, I said, "God, help the doctor to see what he needs to see and if it is cancer Lord help me to be strong and to serve you, but Lord I pray that I will be able to be here for my kids, that's all I ask". I went into the exam room, and sat and waited on the doctor to come in. I started feeling for the lump so when he came in I could show him exactly where it was. I couldn't find it. When the doctor came in I told him that I have been trying to find it and it wasn't there now. I just felt it last night in the shower and it was there. He checked it out and low and behold it was just not there. I sat in astonishment and just didn't know what to say. I left the doctors office and sat in my car for a minute just collecting my thoughts. Then I smiled the biggest smile and said, " Thank you God, for taking that from me, thanks for taking care of that for me". I called Jason and told him all about my story and he said, " I guess He wanted to test your faith for a bit, what about that".



All I can say is... Praise God for His wonderful grace!

2 comments:

  1. I'm crying Shannon! I'm so happy for you! Thank you God. You're truely an inspiration to me I'm not just saying it, you're so strong, I want to be like you when i grow up! I know it sounds silly but it's the truth, you're so faithful! Breast cancer has really affected my family, I'm just so happy! I love you so much! Matthew loves you so much! I can't wait to see you! I'm so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your background girlfriend! but their are some cute ones on that cutest blog on the block site!!

    i'm going to call you soon! there's a fall festival and i thought maybe the girls wanted to go! Matthew and I were going to see if you wanted us to watch them or take them some where and you and Jason can have a rest day! Just a thought! We're always available! I love you!

    ReplyDelete