Thursday, September 24, 2009

Where is God in your life...

Jasy (my 3 year old) asked me the other day, where God was? She said "I can't see Him in the clouds mommy". I responded with "He's not in the clouds baby, He is with us all the time". Then she said, "does He walk mommy?" Jason said, "He doesn't have to walk, He is just there". Jasy ended with, "Is He here in the car with us then" and Eve (my 8 yr old) said, "yes sweetie, He is taking care of us right now!"

He IS always with us and taking care and leading us. I bet he thinks, here we go again, That Shannon is the hardest person to lead, quit vearing right my dear, and keep going straight!

Last night I wanted to do some reading and I went into the kitchen where Jason has his books that he reads. I went to pick one and my hand just steered right to one that I never had read in before. I thought I will read this one. So I went into the bedroom layed on the bed and opened that book. Jason had a pen marking a page so I went to that page. At the top of the page was SHANNON written and underlined in read. I thought, wonder what that means. Then I started reading and about myself! That's right, it was about putting your self down and thinking that you are not good enough to be used by God. It said to stop thinking that you can't do something and start thinking about why God is using you to begin with. God doesn't see us the way we do, He sees all these talents and abilities that are there waiting for us to use them. He knows just what we need to be doing. Tuesday night on the way home from running I was talking to God. I think I spent most of the conversation putting myself down. I remember saying "God, I know that I am not worthy of anything and that I am good enough to be doing your will and that people probably see me as stupid or worthless but please don't let them see me but to see you. I am guilty of this all the time. I am glad that He sees way more than my eyes do and I am glad that I have a husband that prays for me and listens to God.

"Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward. For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise." Hebrews 10:35-36
Is God steering your life or do you let Him? I tried for years to do my own driving and it led me down dead end streets. Let God have that wheel and He will be right next to you directing the way everyday.

1 comment:

  1. Shannon, You did a fantastic job at the Ladies Meeting and it was very obvious that you want to be a servant of God. You just keep on praying and reading and God will lead you and give you the confidence you need. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete