Friday, October 30, 2009

One tough little trooper...


Let me tell you about my little trooper. She has had one rough week. Monday, Jasy accidentally jumped on Eve's toe and sprained it. She woke up Tuesday morning and it was very swollen. All she said was "look at my toe, it feels weird". Then she went to gymnastics practice for 2 1/2 hours that evening and didn't complain once! In fact, she didn't even tell the coach that she had hurt it. Out there doing double and triple back handsprings and walking on that little narrow beam. Then yesterday (the doozie of all days) I pick her up from school and her lip is swollen. I immediately asked what happened and she told me about how a little boy accidentally ran into her at recess and busted her lip! Ouch!!! So she had gymnastics practice last night, I am sitting in the waiting room, and I happened to be watching her on the beam, and she goes to do this jump leap thing and misses the whole beam! Smacks the beam with her right leg, then straddles it and ends up under the beam on her arm! I gasped for air, hoping that she wasn't hurt bc let me tell you... I have never seen a spill that bad at gymnastics!!!! IT LOOKED ROUGH! She gets up, gets back on the beam, does a cartwheel, finishes the rest of her routine, then does her dismount! I looked at her face and tears are running down but she is fighting them back. The gym owner was standing there in awe of how tough and dedicated she is! THEN... she goes to the floor, sprained toe, busted lip, bruised leg, arm, face, and well... other areas, and starts practicing her flipping. Never complained one time on the way home, and last night, the only thing she said was that the Listerine burned her lip really bad when she brushed her teeth!

If I had a week like that, I would be in the bed layed up for a week!

1 comment:

  1. she is such a tough girl!!

    The cutest clown i've ever seen too :)

    ReplyDelete