Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Daddy's hands...


My daddy is one of the hardest working, kind-hearted, people I know. He raised us in church and we knew that if it was Sunday, we BETTER be in church! We didn't wash our car on Sunday, we didn't fish on Sunday, we didn't put any sport or activity before God. To this day, he keeps tabs on our church records! lol! He wasn't always this way. Back before he got saved, he was rough! People who knew him then can't believe the person he has become now! He was one of 11 kids and they had a hard life. They were mostly all boys so the 3 girls had to become tough too just to survive. He is now a wonderful witness to the few in his family that are not saved. He invites them to church and tells them about God almost every chance he gets. I see the fear in his eyes and the nervousness he gets just thinking about them in their situation. He has this nervous habit that he does where he rubs his thumbs together and I have seen him do this often. When a loved one passes, or when a child or grandchild is sick. He loves his family so much that he would do anything for them. He worships the ground that his grandchildren walk on and he still sees his children as little kids running around. I don't know how many times he has introduced me as "his baby girl". I am so proud to be a his baby girl and I long to have his knowledge and love. So daddy... this one goes out to you! My hero, the man that might have calloused hands from working so hard, or sore thumbs for worrying for your family, an empty wallet from giving your last dollar to anyone in need, or a baby doll in your lap from playing with your granddaughter! I love you so very much!




Happy Birthday daddy! -from your baby:)

No comments:

Post a Comment