Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thankful cont...

"Worry is the dark room in which negatives are developed". I read this on a church sign today. That is so true! Anytime we allow worry, or negative feelings to seep in, they take over. Before we know it, we are seeing negative where we once saw positive and seeing negative where we really shouldn't be. So today I am thankful that I am still able to see the positive in things even when others might not be able to. I can only do that because I have faith in my Saviour Jesus Christ.

I didn't get a chance to write what I was thankful for yesterday. But I will start here-


 I am so thankful for little questions from my  5 year old along the lines of "Mommy, do you think if I am a Doctor, gymnastics coach and a hairdresser that I will make enough money to buy a guitar and a surfboard?" She is so stinkin cute! Then she started talking about how she wanted to be a Doctor so she could take care of me for free! Last Friday when her field trip was cancelled and I signed them out of school for a "girls day", she pulled a wadded piece of paper out of her overall pocket as she was getting out of the car at the shopping center. I asked her what it was and she opened it up and showed it to me and said, "this is a note that you wrote me one day and put in my lunchbox, I put it in my pocket when I'm sad or when I miss you so it can be near my heart where you are Mommy". Aww...... I about broke down in tears right there! I asked her if she got it out a lot bc it was very worn, and she preceded to tell me that she got it out every day at school until recess bc she starts feeling better then. lol. She is such a sentimental child. Very in depth. She worries about people, prays for people, and then the other day she told me how when she sins she always ask God to forgive her to make it right again. She is mature beyond her years! She never seeks to amaze me and that child is a true gift from above! I am so thankful for her!

No comments:

Post a Comment