Friday, November 18, 2011

First meet jitters...

Okay this Mama's feeling the stress of the first meet of the year approaching! Eve has her first meet tomorrow in her new level. We keep hearing that this level is the "make or break it" level for most gymnasts. Something about how the judging is way more crucial. They say gymnast either do good or do terrible. Pretty much not a in between! They have to work so much harder to score anywhere around where they scored the level before so a lot of girls get frustrated and end up quiting after this year. This is a huge meet to start with too! Lots of good gyms will be there and a lot of them. 860 Gymnasts, 45 Teams, 10 States, 2 Countries! Eve is very excited but very nervous too. She came home from practice last night and went straight in her room and proceeded to get her gym bag and supplies ready. Her grips, wrist bands, tape, warm up suit, sentimental items, etc. I think that was her way of dealing with her nerves. I finally washed her competition leotard that has been in the bottom of her hamper since her last meet-in March! I'm weird like that!

I honestly don't know what to expect tomorrow bc I never stay and watch her at practice since she is there all the time. I just know what she tells me. I did stay a few weeks ago for about an hour and I got so see a little bit but I still don't know how she will do with judging. She says she is ready and I haven't heard otherwise so we shall see. I am very happy that her meet is not on Sunday! That is a prayer answered! Please pray for her safety as she is doing harder skills this year on three events and although she is still doing the same vault, it is the event that most gymnasts injure themselves on. Something about running at a standing still apparatus and flipping over it scares me! Also please pray for focus, and self control. I know she can do it but I pray that she will have that confidence tomorrow that she needs. PRAY FOR ME THAT I WILL MAKE IT THROUGH! I am such a basket case at meets and I am thinking about going to the bathroom when it's her turn. Really!

No comments:

Post a Comment