Thursday, June 3, 2010

Two monkeys, a PRINCE and a king...

I was thinking about changing the name of my blog. You know, now that Jason is no longer a toad and all. He has fully developed into a prince and I am so happy for all that God is doing through him! He surrendered to the missionary field the other week and a burden has been lifted off of him. I can just see such a relief on his face now. He has been dealing with it for a while now and the devil kept feeding him all kinds of worries. He was so worried he said about taking us from our family and friends and going where God had layed on his heart. He knew that I have only lived in South Carolina my whole life and that it would definitely be out of my comfort zone. He knew how hard it would be not to be around my family bc we are so close. My mom is my best friend and always has been since I can remember! I'm a daddys little girl and Jason was scared about what my dad might do to him when he told them that he would be taking his baby daughter and grandkids somewhere far away. He worried about our girls and how they would take such a drastic change with everything. He worried about Eve or Jasy meeting their mate there one day and never leaving. He worried about us leaving our beautiful little house that we built together and I spent so much time decorating - which he knows that I cherish so much.  He worried that we wouldn't be able to follow God on where He wanted us to go since we are tied down to a mortgage and debt like most families with anything. He worried so much that I don't see how he didn't have a nervous break down!! He didn't tell me until last year that he was dealing with being a missionary. I was blown away but deep down; I knew that he was going to be called. I was not surprised but I was not ready either! I cried and cried, and I remember one night standing in Eve’s room in front of her closet, I was getting her clothes out for the next day and I just started throwing stuff and screaming out and crying "I’m not going, why would God want to use us!!" "I’m worthless, I’m stupid, and I am not of use for Him". Jason came in there with tears running down his face and we had a yelling spell for a while. He told me that he thought the same thing about himself but obviously He sees differently. If we only tried harder, prayed harder and got closer to Him, maybe He would show us that we are useable, he said. I remember I got mad at him for being right. I was so mad that day that I could have actually left the house and drove around just to cool off. That's how bad it was. Well...I have come a long way since then I am proud to say. Once I surrendered my life to Him as well- for him to use me however He needed to, He gave me a peace that I could never explain. When I start to worry and feel afraid, that peace overtakes me and I just feel myself drifting off to where I need to be. When I think about where we might be years from now, I am excited, not so much scared anymore. I am starting to see things from the past year and I see how He layed them out just right for us and for our new journey. It still amazes me every time though. He is speaking to me so clearly now that I feel like I am talking to Him face to face. I know He will supply our every need. I had a feeling that I was going to loose my job for next year for a while now. I never prayed to keep my job even though I loved it so much and financially we need it. Instead, I just left it in His hands and said "do whatever you think I should be doing and whatever it is, I am fine with it". That shocked me that I didn't get all upset about it like I used to. I know that He will take care of us financially even if I don't see the money right now. He has never let us starve yet. Please pray for us more than ever. Please pray for my family as well. My mom was fine the other day when we told her but then Monday she called me crying her eyes out and it was so hard for me to hear her struggling with it. I know God will give them peace about it too, but please help us pray for them especially.




Colossians Chapter 1







2To the saints and faithful brethren in Christ which are at Colosse: Grace [be] unto you, and peace, from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.







3We give thanks to God and the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, praying always for you,







4Since we heard of your faith in Christ Jesus and of the love [which ye have] to all the saints,







5For the hope which is laid up for you in heaven, whereof ye heard before in the word of the truth of the gospel;







6Which is come unto you, as [it is] in all the world; and bringeth forth fruit, as [it doth] also in you, since the day ye heard [of it], and knew the grace of God in truth:







7As ye also learned of Epaphras our dear fellowservant, who is for you a faithful minister of Christ;







8Who also declared unto us your love in the Spirit.







9For this cause we also, since the day we heard [it], do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;







10That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God;







11Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness;







12Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for you and your sweet family! You'll be great and God will help you. I have found the only way to find true contentment is to be smack dab in the center of His will!!!

    ReplyDelete