Monday, June 14, 2010

Summer has begun...

 Well... it's official, Eve will be in big 4th grade next year! She had her end of the year party on Thursday of last week. It was so much fun. She was in an all girls class this year and we really loved it! Her teacher was remarkable and we are going to miss her! We had a "sleepover" theme for their end of the year party and they all wore PJ's and brought their sleeping bags and pillows and watched a movie. It was so relaxing this year, usually I feel like I am running all over the place but I got to enjoy the kids and take it all in. We found out that she will be able to be in the all girls class in 4th grade as well!! She is so excited and so is her daddy who is a bit overprotective, lol.

I am so proud of all the 2010 graduates and their accomplishments! I know they worked so hard to get to the point that their at right now. I remember the day I graduated high school like it was just a few days ago. It was so neat walking down and getting that diploma and the sense of pride you felt for yourself. Nothing like that. We enjoyed going and watching some graduates Saturday from  D.W. Daniel High graduate. You know that blue and gold runs strong in my blood!! Julia (my nephews girlfriend) graduated with honors and got a scholarship to Clemson where she is going to become a teacher. She is going to make such a wonderful teacher one day! Such a sweet, talented young lady. My girls really love her.

Here are some pictures of our last few days. One is of Jasy last night after church in her cute little slip. I

remember when I was little my sister and I would come home and take our church clothes off and just run around in our Sunday slips in the summer. It felt so good to be out of those hot clothes and those slips were so comfy and breezy. It was a flash back and she looked so cute!!! I wish I could keep her
this age forever so she never had to get any older.









.


Lastly, we are so excited about summer!!! Lounging by the pool and eating those delicious Popsicles!! Yummy!!! We found a slide for our pool the other day and the girls have had a ball sliding on it. I tried doing it myself, but obviously it's made only for little fannies bc I got stuck. Oh well, it was worth a try. Eve and I had a handstand contest in the water and I am proud to say that I beat her for a while until she put on her goggles, then she about killed me bc she stayed under forever walking on her hands. I think it surprised Eve when I could still do front and back flips in the pool. She thinks I am old and I shouldn't be able to do anything anymore but be a mom, lol. I used to live in the pool when I was little. I literally stayed in the pool for about 5 or 6 hours a day!!! I would go in and eat/use the restroom, go back out, go in and eat/use the restroom and then go back out. My hair would turn white as snow and I looked like a little Indian girl with bleached hair I stayed out so much, lol.  I am really enjoying the wonderful 97 weather this year!! Isn't it so nice???????? I really am, not being sarcastic at all. This southern weather will never be overlooked by me again. Looking at lots of things differently now!! I hope everyone has a WONDERUL week!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your sweet post! Thank yall for coming!

    I had orientation at Clemson today and it was awful!!! Being a gamecock fan seriously crossed my mind! the people were so mean, and not helpful. I was thinking in my mind how i could just rewind and go back to Daniel where everyone is sweet! I was wishing to be at the pool relaxing with yall!

    ....wait til matthew hears about the slide...

    See you Wednesday

    ReplyDelete