Monday, June 28, 2010

Braves, childplay, frogs, lice, crickets, coffee and Prayer requests...

Guess what? I got smart and moved the desktop downstairs until we get the air fixed in the study!!!! So... I am glad to say that I am not sitting with my pants rolled up, and drenched with sweat! Instead I am in the living room listening to the sound of the Braves game ( I have one of the biggest sports fan husbands that ever existed) my girls playing down the hall in Jasys room, the nasty sound of frogs croaking in the backyard (I hate frogs more than any creature on earth- well lice run pretty close) and the lovely sound of crickets chirping AND it's so cool in here!I can even sip on a wonderful cup of De-cafe coffee and not die. :>)

I am hoping and praying that everything will work out and we will be able to go to North Carolina this Sunday with my parents  to spend the night and to hear some wonderful singing! Every year the Primitive Quartet put on show called the "Hominy Valley Singing" in Candler NC and lots of wonderful gospel groups come out and do some amazing singing! On Saturday they have a family field day and have "old fashioned" fun for the whole family with games and food and then on Sunday they'll have a Salute to the Veterans and end the night with some BEAUTIFUL fireworks that will blow you away! Hopefully, they will not make my poor Jason work on his days off again (Sunday and Monday) but with it being the 4th of July, you just never know with them!! We are wanting to spend the night and just enjoy some time with my parents. My parents NEVER go anywhere and my mom is so excited and probably called me 10 times today about making plans!! I know it's a crazy prayer but please pray if you would that Jason will be able to go and enjoy this time with us. We really don't want to go without him. :>(

Also, please pray for "Bull" Larry Durham today as you are praying. He is a sweet man at church that was hit by a DUI driver about a month ago and he is still not doing any better. I know God has His hand in this situation but I am praying that it will be His will for Bull to get better and be even better than he was before! I know God is still in the miracle business! I would love to see that. Please pray for his wife Joyce too for I know she is going through a lot and needs prayer more than ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment