Friday, June 18, 2010

Guidance for the journey...

I just love my life!! Some people would live in it for a day and hate it, but not me!! I love to stay home with my girls, I stayed home with Eve for seven years and never got bored and wanted to go to work-NEVER!! I didn't want to go back to work two years ago and leave my little baby girl but I had to at the time. It felt right, and I know it was meant for me to. God wanted me to have the experience that it gave me. I learned so much about computers that I never even knew!! I had computer experience before but the level that it took me too was amazing. I had a lady that I worked with that was a computer genius and she showed me so many tricks and cool things-it was loads of fun. I met some great people and made such good friends, worked with amazing kids and developed a love and burden to help those less fortunate. I hope I impacted them the way they did me. I hope I was able to be a light for them that a lot of them had never seen or experienced. God creates paths for us to take to get to where we need to be for Him. He closes doors, cracks doors and opens doors only in His time. Sometimes we want the door to be wide open so we can see exactly what is ahead but He politely closes it just so a tiny light is peeking through and says "wait my child, it's not time yet". I wish sometimes that God would put a cloud over me like He did for the children in the desert to show me the exact way I need to go that way I don't let worry set in that I am not going the right way. Even then though, I am sure just like most, I would still struggle to obey, and follow like I should. God wants to take us to a place far above the limitations of our circumstances, unfamiliar territory, that if we were to go on our own, we would stumble. Yet, when we take His hand, we walk with confidence and without worry. No fret. God wants us to soar far above the limitations of our circumstances and ourselves. He wants to take us to a place we have never been before and can't go without His help. When God used Moses to lead the Israelites out of Egypt, they had to learn to depend on the Lord for every step of their journey to the promised land. When they did not do that, they got into trouble. It's the same for us today. I am at a place in my life where I feel as if I can't take one step with out the Lord's help. The Bible says for me to be glad. He has me where He wants me. It says, if you're wondering, Have I done something wrong? The answer is most likely that you've done something right. God has you on this path, regardless of how difficult and impossible it may seem right now, because you are willing to follow Him. He wants to accomplish great things through you that can only come out of a life of faith. He wants your undivided attention because you can't do these things on your own. The path is not a punishment, it's a privilege. It's not a restriction; it's a reward. I look for signs all the time. I do, I pray for signs and that's when God shows me the same verse over and over and over. Mark 8:12 And he sighed deeply in his spirit, and saith, Why doth this generation seek after a sign? verily I say unto you. There shall no sign be given unto this generation. Yep, no sign for me, He tells me that I need to have faith and trust in Him. Then He gives me this verse. Philippians 4:19 But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Uh-huh, that's what I get. BUT- those two verses along with the peace that surrounds me, keep me at peace, they fill my heart as gasoline fills the tanks of our own engines, so I can keep going, preparing myself for the journey that I am taking. I am so excited and privileged to be on this journey, ready to go to heights that I have never been. Boy do I love my life!

1 comment:

  1. Bless your journey!

    Thanks for that website! I found so much stuff I want but it's all larges on clearance! I'll keep looking thank ya!

    Happy Fathers day!

    ReplyDelete