Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Refuge in the time of storm...


Who is your refuge? When battles start and you are being beaten down, who is your strength? God is my refuge!!! God not only fights for you but also provides you with a safe refuge. He actually fights in our place while we rest in the safety He gives. He shields you, saves you, and gains victory for you. Isn't that an amazing picture? We have been on top of the world lately. Since Jason surrendered to preach and become a missionary we have been so happy and ready to go. Now life has been throwing us balls with me loosing my job, our finances, etc but we have been able to dodge them and go on. BUT starting the end of last week, things have gotten harder. It's all Jason and I can do to keep our heads above water. Last night we sat down and had a talk and I think that he and I both realized that we have to fight harder now than we ever had but we can't do it alone. We can't keep trying to face our battles alone and when they get so bad then go running to Jesus for help. We need to start there and finish there. I bet He is grieved with me because I make myself more vulnerable to Satan's attack. He wants me to ask for His help so He can rush to my side and rescue me so the enemy will flee. Please pray for our family more than ever. Jason is having all kinds of trouble arising daily with him and I can see him tearing down. I know that God is working with Him in a powerful way and of course evil is going to lift it's ugly head and try to tear that wall down. I know that Jason is blessed with so much that he can do for God and I pray that I will be the wife I need to be, the support, comforter, and sidekick for his needs. Pray for me to take his needs and priorities first and change my way of seeing things and make my eyes only see what I should and nothing more. Here are the verses that God gave me last night that comforted me beyond words. He always knows exactly what I need!
 Proverbs 3:5-7 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart: and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all they ways acknowledge him and he shall direct thy paths. Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the Lord and depart from evil. 9-11 Honour the Lord with thy substance and with the first fruits of all thine increase: So shall thy barns be filled with plenty and thy presses shall burst out with new wine. My son, despise not the chastening of the Lord: neither be weary of his correction:
Proverbs 3:25,26 Be not afraid of sudden fear, neither of the desolation of the wicked, when it cometh. For the Lord shall be thy confidence and shall keep thy foot from being taken.Withhold not good from them to whom it is due when it is in the power of thine hand to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment