Saturday, June 26, 2010

Ups and downs...

I have wanted to write lots on my blog lately but we just have the one desktop computer and it's upstairs in the study. The air unit up there needs Freon and it's a 100 degrees up there right now so I am limited my time on the computer or I will pass out of heat exhaustion. We have had a crazy week and I am so tired today for some reason. I guess from the ups and downs of everything within the week. Jason preached Wednesday for the first time and he did such a good job!!! We were so proud of him. Jasy prayed that day for her daddy when he "peached" and for him not to yell while he did it, lol. Eve asked him if he was going to sweat a lot while he preached like most preachers do. Kids think of the craziest little things. I know God is really going to use him.

On another subject, I posted about a year ago about a young girl who had Leukemia. Her name was Alex Carver, she passed away yesterday morning. She had just turned 15 years old. She was such a beautiful girl and I am sure that through her fight with Cancer that she was able to affect tons of people that she didn't even know. She touched me I know and I had never met her, just prayed for her and read her Caring Bridge. Please pray for her family as they are grieving the loss of their only child. How hard that would be!! Here is her link to her Caring Bridge page: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/alexcarver/journal?jid=5695079


 We are all so blessed and fortunate to have the health that we have and that our children are so healthy. So what if they drive us crazy sometimes at least they are able to do that, right? My girls love the song "I have been blessed" and they sing it all the time. We bought the Fortune Family CD a while back and they listen to that song over and over on it. Jasy just bellows out and it is a blessing to me to hear her do that. I think I need to hear it over and over to remind me just how blessed I really am! Even my downs are not really downs. They are just steps guiding me through and around the obstacles that God is helping me with.

No comments:

Post a Comment