Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Storm and rescue and my Butter ball...

I think I am getting slack with my blogging lately. I think of all kinds of things that I need to put on my blog and things that God laid on my heart that I know I need to share but  then I get busy with other things and I forget to put them on. I need to get better. We had an awful storm last Monday night after I posted. Severe wind that picked up our patio set on the pool deck and dumped it in the pool, glass shattered all in the pool!! It was not a good sight! Then it blew three trees over and one was blocking our entire driveway! Damaged some of our fencing and made a mess but thank God that it didn't hurt us or our house! Those trees could have landed on our house but they didn't. All of that stuff is very inconvenient and time consuming but they can all be fixed fairly quickly. We had to drain our pool, (this is of course after the fact that we just drained it for the first time this year when we opened it and put all the necessary not cheap start up chemicals and it looked sooo good!) but we are filling it now and it is taking FOREVER to fill. I just hope theirs not a leak in the liner from the glass. But...we will see in due time I guess. I know the Lord has a hand in all of this happening and their is definitely a reason that He allowed this. I have a good feeling about it all and I know it is for good. I just need to patient and I know that He will rescue us and He does everyday.

We went on our trip with my parents to Candler, N. C. and had such a good time with them! It was much needed time and it felt so good to be able to laugh and just enjoy them having a great time. I of course forgot my camera so I wasn't able to get any pictures other than a couple on my 2.0 mega pixel phone camera. We are already planning another trip maybe to Helen GA for the weekend so we ALL can go and spend the weekend. The kids just LOVED being with their Nannie and Papa and you could see the joy that it brought my parents as well. My dad is just putty in their hands and they can get him to do anything they want. His giving nature makes it even easier for them. We even got to see Elly Mae Clampett from the Beverly Hillbillies!! It was neat. She was at the singing Sunday giving autographs. She is a devoted Christian who goes around to churches and school functions and gives her testimony. That was a breath of fresh air bc most "have been" celebrities take much worse routes when their TV days are over. The fireworks there were unbelievable and they lasted for a good 5 minutes! Jasy loved them but after about 3 minutes she asked when they were going to be over.

Our VBS starts next week and we are excited about it. Our church has a wonderful VBS and the whole church gets involved. It's amazing and I hope that God shows up every night and shows out. Please pray for it and for Jason and I as we are teaching the teens. We love being with them!We pray that we will do what God would have us to do and lots will get saved or touched through out the week. I am glad and honored for Him to want to use us to guide them.

Lastly, today is my brothers birthday! I just love him. He is such a wonderful person. Very quiet until you get him talking. Most do not know how much he can talk, lol. He is  SO INTELLIGENT and probably is one of the smartest people you will ever meet. He can fix a rebukes cube in about 2 minutes or less and can answer any of your Science questions with scientific terms. Although you might not be able to understand what he's talking about, lol. He is a great husband and worships the ground his wife walks on. The only girl he really dated and you can still see the love and spark in his eyes when he looks at her. He does the best interpretation of "Back in Black" that you will ever hear and he will make you laugh your head off if you get him started. I have always looked up to my big Bro and even though he might not hear it like he should-I love my Butter ball with all my heart!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment