Sunday, August 16, 2009

"Little things"


So Jason is on vacation this week and we are going to have little mini vacations all week. I have found that it is the "little things" in life that the kids cherish and take with them. It's not the fancy vacations or the expensive things that blow their mind, but the sweet little things. I remember when I was little, us going to coon dog races. I know you are thinking, "what in the world are you talking about"? It's for coon dogs ( you know-black and tans, plots, walkers, redbones (like the movie where the red fern grows) anyway it's like field day for the dogs. They have water races, field races, best in show, etc and then they give out trophies to the top winners. Well, we had the best times! We would run all over that place watching and chasing those dogs, and then my mom would pack us a picnic lunch and we would usually go eat by the lake. Didn't cost much, but being there with my family and sharing those memories was so much fun!


So here is what we are going to do this week. Go fishing oneday, water tubing oneday, go camping in our back yard one day, make smores (can you tell we love smores:), and tell ghost stories, and go to Six Flags oneday. (not really what I had in mind, but Eve has been begging all summer since she found out that I had a free ticket from work to go) Do you have any other ideas? I am up for suggestions. They're all stoked and ready for it to start, Jason and me too:)


On another note.... I really miss reading my sweet little friends blog! :( If you are reading this girl, I am stressing here and I am having withdraws:)

3 comments:

  1. Well, it sounds like you have a full week planned. I love it when the Knight is off work and we aren't going anywhere. I wish we had a week to do some fun stuff like ya'll have planned. We had a fun vacation, but we are pooped and I'm still unpacking. Jim asked Eve and Allison Fox to sing one of the choruses last night and as Eve was shaking her head no I was looking at her and smiling and shaking my head yes. It was funny.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute! Sounds so fun! I'm ready for more tubing! Matthew and I have a waterfall list. And it's all the waterfalls around here and we mark them off as me go! It's so fun, we take a picnic and sit on big rocks! We should all go! i can't wait to here all about your adventures! Camping in the back yard sounds awesome!

    I hope Jason and Eve caught some big ones today! I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The little things in life are sometimes the best. Sometimes we don't realize what is important to us until it is to late. Enjoy these moments.

    ReplyDelete