Saturday, August 22, 2009

Friends through thick and thin...
















Have you ever had a friend that was so special that you can sit and think of the times you had together and just laugh out loud? I know I have. Eve has this little friend that I swear is Eve made over. They are so much alike that I am starting to wonder if I had twins and they didn't tell me at the hospital. They have been close since they were two and started taking gymnastics in the Mom and Tot class. This year her friend had to move to another gym bc it was more convenient with their schedules. I have never seen Eve that sad before. She cried and cried and prayed for God to bring her back to the gym so she could see her more. It's one of those friendships that already has set memories that will last for a life time. I had a friend like that in school. Her name was Layla Owens. She was so special to me. We had the best times together. We were both a little crazy and we had so much in common. We could find fun in the most boring things! She moved to Columbia but we still talk through Face book and sometimes through email. I am thankful for her coming into my life! Friends are such important part of our lives and sometimes we just don't take the time to keep those friendships in touch like we should. I have had and still have so many wonderful friends that I want to take the time and thank.
Thank you for being there no matter what, for holding my hand when I needed someone to talk to, thank you for staying up late with me on the phone when I needed to talk to someone and you were so tired, thank you for making me laugh so much that my stomach hurts, thank you for bringing my children gifts just because you thought of them, thank you for having such a warm heart and always thinking of others, thank you for bringing food to my family when a death arose, thank you for sending me such sweet emails and encouraging me, thank you for inspiring me to do what I know I should be doing, thank you for having faith in me when I don't, thank you for forgiving me when I fail sometimes and for seeing the good in me when others only see the bad, thank you for praying for me and my family in times of trouble and just because you are a faithful, praying woman, thank you for making me smile with your sense of humor, and most of all thank you for being you, because that's what makes you so special!

1 comment:

  1. beautiful post, shannon! I am really enjoying keeping up with you and the family this way. You are an inspiration to me and I bet you didn't even know it:)

    ReplyDelete