Thursday, March 3, 2011

Blessed be the taxes and our guardian angels...

Tis the season for tax refunds~ Ahh...what a wonderful time of year. I always get so excited about seeing that lump of cash in my checking account. This year we were able to get back more than last year and it was a breath of fresh air considering we had lots of cash that needed to be forked out. My computer had crashed, doctor bills, dentist bills, vacation fund, bills, dance costumes, tithes (yes Preacher Jim, we were listening to your sermon last Sunday night-lol), bills, bills and did I say bills?! When I went and got our taxes done, the lady who always does our taxes looked at me and said "hmm, this is strange, somehow you are getting back almost $1000 more than last year"? I quickly responded with a smile and said, " GREAT we will certainly take it'!!! She sat there trying to figure out just how it worked out that way. We actually made a little less this year than last year and nothing really had changed drastically. Then it hit me...the  total amount that we were getting back was almost the exact amount that we had paid in to our church this year in tithes and Faith Promise!!! I then knew right then how we were getting more back this year! I walked out of there with a smile on my face, not because we were getting a fat tax refund but because He is so faithful and never ceases to amaze me! Isn't He so good? !

Jasy's new thing is talking to her guardian angel. She holds their hand, and talks to her/him. She asked me last night if I had ever seen my guardian angel and if I could. My response was, " I haven't ever seen mine but if God wanted you to see your angel I am sure you could". Sure made me wonder what children do see? I think they see things that we as adults don't because our eyes are so blind by the things around us for us to really focus on what's right in front of us. Their so innocent and full of heart. If only we could go back to their way of thinking. I bet my guardian angel gets pretty frustrated with me bc I am so annoying. It's not that I am dangerous and they have to work harder, it would be bc they have to push me to get me do anything!! I sit back afraid that I will mess up instead watching others when I know that I need to be doing more. When I get to Heaven I hope I get to meet my angel. I have lots of thank yous I would like to give. For all the times that he/she cheered me up and made me smile when I needed it, or the times that they stood if front of my car to keep me from going too fast and getting down the road too soon, what about that time they detoured my life and sent me in a new direction? I think I am going to start talking to my guardian angel too. Hey...what would it hurt right?!

God gave us each an angel


To watch over us with love.

They’re always carrying messages

To Him in Heaven above.



They warn us during danger,

Encourage us to do what is right,

And will always guard and guide us,

Throughout the day and night.



God sent them to protect us,

When crisis comes our way,

And to aid us with our problems

That we encounter every day.



Thank You, my God in Heaven,

For our Guardian Angels dear.

They’re just a token of Your love

To help us overcome life’s fears.



 Poor thing, had to deal with me for however many years!! She/he deserves a mansion with spa treatment!




No comments:

Post a Comment