Tuesday, March 8, 2011

When God speaks...

But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. 1 Corinthians 2:9.

God gave me this verse last night. Although I don't know exactly what He is trying to tell us (yes us-as a family) I know He will reveal it in time. Jason and I were talking this morning and he brought up that he feels like God is fixing to show us something big! A eyeopener, something mind blowing. Hmm... God was telling me last night as well. Isn't it amazing how He can speak to two different people as though they were one?

Please pray for us. Please pray for Eve. She is getting mentally and physically tired. I see it in her daily. Her ways, her actions, her work. She is a daddy's girl through and through and he informed me this morning that she went to him yesterday and told him that she was wore out and she just didn't know what to do. His first response was asking her if she wanted to take time off from the gym? She responded with a quick " No" but then followed with how much she loves gymnastics and how she doesn't want to quit but that she is so tired. He of course didn't tell me about this until this morning bc I guess he knew it would eat at me all night. He said it tore at him as well bc you see we both know that her talent wasn't given to her by chance. It is God given and we strongly believe that God has plans for her somehow, someway with this. We arent' saying that she will go to the Olympics, or that she will become Professional or elite, in fact chances of even a college scholarship are pretty slim. BUT we know that whatever God has planned for her with this, He will make work, not us, not her, not her gym, but Jesus! Last night she got in the car from gymnastics and instead of her usual "hey", followed with my million question drill of how her practice went she fell straight into "MOM...I DID AWESOME TODAY!!!!" "I ROCKED ON EVERY EVENT AND LOOK AT THIS COOL GRIP BAG THAT MY COACH GAVE ME!!" Meanwhile Jason said he was at school praying, praying, praying for that girl and for everything to work out for her". Me of course not knowing that she had even had this conversation with her daddy  was just thrilled that she had a good practice and that she was proud of herself. :) God is so good and I am so thankful that I was raised in a country where I can freely worship Him. We don't realize how lucky we have it. When I feel overwhelmed He speaks to me in that sweet, soft voice...And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:7). :) :) :) I don't know about you, but when God speaks, I try and tune in closely.

No comments:

Post a Comment