Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Meek and lowly...

















I am a trouble maker! That's right, I came to realize that when God is trying to work things out and work His will, that I think that I have to help Him out and then I just mess things up. I really don't try to be this way, it's just my nature. I like to help when I need to just be patient. Are you that way or am I the only one? I feel really bad that I do this. Last night at revival, preacher Eddie Davis talked about how God sure didn't need our help when He was doing the Creation. In fact, He waited to make man on the 6th day to limit us from trying "to help". lol. No... but He had it all planned out. He made man on the day before the day of rest.  He intended us to just sit back and put our faith in Him and rest because God knows what He is doing and frankly WE DON'T!!!  So... I think I am going to rest now. I am tired, meek and lowly and I want my burden to be light. Tired of carrying it around and it's time to sit back, soak it all in and be carried around.

I know I have been writing a lot lately about following God. It is because He has showed me so much lately. He's just working away at Shannon Donalds heart. Cleansing it, creating, and it's nice to know that after 17 years of sitting back and watching the works of others, that I now know that I am capable of being used. I was capable a long time ago I just didn't want to be. Isn't that a long time to waste a talent that God gave you? To not do the will that He has for you?  I'm ashamed but He isn't. If that's not enough to get you motivated then what is?
Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

No comments:

Post a Comment