Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Footsteps...











Are you tired of getting lost? Going, going, going and then you end up back where you started. It's about time we start following His footsteps. COMPLETELY. Don't look ahead and try to figure it out on your own but instead look for the creases in the path that will lead you directly where you need to be. He will not leave you or forsake you. When you mess up a hundred thousand times and you spin around in circles wondering if you will ever be able to see things clearly, He is there. He is standing there looking back waiting to take you where you need to go. So patiently, He waits. "Come", He says, "Follow me, and everything will be okay".  Even when you don't have the strength to walk yourself- He will carry you. Just like the poem that most of  us have heard a thousand times...

One night I dreamed a dream.


I was walking along the beach with my Lord. Across the dark sky flashed scenes from my life. For each scene, I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand, one belonging to me and one to my Lord.



When the last scene of my life shot before me I looked back at the footprints in the sand. There was only one set of footprints. I realized that this was at the lowest and saddest times of my life. This always bothered me and I questioned the Lord about my dilemma.



"Lord, You told me when I decided to follow You, You would walk and talk with me all the way. But I'm aware that during the most troublesome times of my life there is only one set of footprints. I just don't understand why, when I need You most, You leave me."



He whispered, "My precious child, I love you and will never leave you, never, ever, during your trials and testings. When you saw only one set of footprints, It was then that I carried you."



I love the way when you feel so down and your mind is about to burst, He gives you a sound mind, brushes you off and puts you right back on track. No matter how many times you get off, He will always be there to put you back. Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. I have the Lords Prayer sitting on my desk at work. It has a picture of the sky and what appears to be a sunset. It reminds me of how when things seem so dark, and we don't think we are ever going to make it through, He shows us such beauty in His word that allows even the most stubborn and hard headed of people to see the light. There is always hope in Him.



I am overwhelmed today of His presence and I am honored to have Him as my Father. Without Him I would be lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment