Monday, May 10, 2010

Blessing...




Our Father, bless this food, to our use and us  to thy service, Amen. That is the prayer that my 6th grade teacher taught us and we would actually sing it everyday in line in the classroom before we left for lunch. Isn't it weird how I remembered how special that was and how I never forgot that little prayer. I said it everyday even when I was just eating a snack at home. I taught it to my children and they say it now to bless the food. I just love traditions passed down. She also sang us a song everyday when we left to go home.


So long farewell, auf weidersehen to you

I hate to go and leave this pretty sight



So long farewell, auf weidersehen adieu

Adieu, adieu, to you and you and you

I believe it was from the Sound of music. She was such a great teacher! I hope I can make an impact on a kids life like that.


I had a great Mothers Day this weekend. Got to spend some great time with all my family. The girls went and picked me out a gift on Friday and then went home and decorated their own little gift bags. I was impressed with their craftiness. Eve made me a zebra bag with the bling appeal while Jasy went the leopard route. Both cute with ribbon accent. I must strike them as a "wild mama". :>)

I am so blessed to have two wonderful little girls to call mine and a wonderful mother who raised me to be who I am today. Not to mention a wonderful Mother in law too!

No comments:

Post a Comment