Friday, February 19, 2010

Little tid-bits of our week...

It has been a crazy week, again. Eve has been sick all week, she started having a really bad sore throat Monday. Her throat hurt last week but it just kept getting worse and worse. I took her to the doctor at the beginning of the week bc she was running a fever too, they said it was a viral thing and not strep. That was good to know bc she is known to get strep a few times a year. Then day by day she just kept getting more symptoms. Her chest starting hurting really bad the middle of the week and she got a really bad cough, swollen glands, and she was just lying around! She has ben not herself for about 2 to 3 weeks, just lying around and not doing a whole lot saying that she was tired. I took her back to the doctor yesterday and they thought she had mono, thank goodness that test came back negative too!! They checked her platelets, her white blood count, and for anemia, all came back good. Turns out that she has a touch of bronchitis and they put her on a strong antibotic. Poor thing!! I just want her to be back to her normal little self. She missed a whole week of gymnastics and didn't even bat her eyes. She normally would have been crying her eyes out but she felt so bad that she didn't even care. That's when I knew that she was a sick little girl! Please continue to pray for her recovery bc I know that she is ready to be back to her old self!

On a better note (you liked that didn't you :>)... I am so excited about our Ladies mission tonight at church. We are having a group that is very dear to my heart over for a little fun, games and dinner. They are going to have such a good time. I hope that lots of seeds will be planted and souls will be saved now or in the future from our meeting!! I have a great feeling about it and I have been counting down the days! We don't realize how much something this simple could mean to someone. Just a little one on one attention means leaps and bounds for a child lacking it.

I went to the Weecycled Wear consignment sale this week! Boy did I find some good deals!I am addicted to shopping at this sale! I have been going for about 6 or 7 years and it's like some little shopping diva takes over my body and I just get in this "bargain hunting mode" and after I am finished I am drained!! It is so fun though bc you never know what you're going to find from sale to sale! I love coming home and showing the girls all my little finds bc they love it as much as I do. They don't mind wearing used treasures, now when they get some age on them, that might change but for now, we are good to shop! My favorite finds; Jasy a Childrens Place book bag for $5 (almost brand new), me a Thirty One purse for $12 and me some wonderful devotional books by Beth Moore and Stormie Omartian. I can't wait to curl up in bed, in my favorite pj's and start reading!

Get this... our dog (Honey) has been gone most of the week too! For those of you who aren't familiar with my blog, we lost our lab this summer and he never made it back!! :>( So when Honey came up missing this week, the girls were not happy little campers! BUT...he's back now and safe and sound (turns out that he has a "lady friend") with his BFF, "Peaches" our cat. They cuddle all the time and poor little Peaches didn't have her little cuddle bug on the cold nights this week. Eve said Honeys' girlfriend was U-G-L-Y and she didn't see what he saw in her, lol. I had to laugh, bc she makes a good point. She is not the best looking mut on the street, but who knows what her heart is like, right? :>)

1 comment:

  1. You sound just like me on the packing thing. I always pack way too many things but you just never know! And my mom takes all of our own bed linens on trips and Lysols everything down too. We don't want to take anything back home with us that we didn't leave with! Lol So it sounds like we vacation the same way. I hope you had a wonderful trip! :)

    Love in Christ,
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete