Monday, February 8, 2010

Lifes detour...


Have you ever had a day or a few days where nothing seemed to go "your' way? I experienced first hand yesterday what we might have planned is something entirely different than what He has planned!

I started to get sick the later part of last week. I am proned for some reason to get bronchitis. I get it a couple times a year and I knew it was coming on. I started taking mucinex but by Saturday it was in full bloom! I felt horrible yesterday morning! I mean horrible! Eve had her "big" meet yesterday afternoon so I didn't want to not go! I got up and got the kids ready for church and felt horrible that I couldn't go! The day was not starting good for me. When they left for church I went to bed. I layed in bed praying that God would help me feel better so I could enjoy Eve's meet. I prayed for the church service a little but I prayed mostly for Eve to do well at her meet. I was selfish! I was more worried about "how" Eve did at her meet rather than anything. I woke up and felt a good bit better. I was actually surprised at how much better I felt! Maybe this day was going to be okay after all! On the way to Eve's meet I felt a peace about me. I am normally a nervous wreck at these things, they stress me out. But, I wasn't at all! Eve's first event was her best event, the beam! I was glad about that. She started off real good! Then almost at the end of the routine, she falls off! We were sitting right in front of the beam in the stands, so I could see her little face. She was fighting back the tears. Uh-oh, that wasn't good. She had another big bobble and then nails her dismount! I knew she would be ok. Two girls from her team had already fallen off the beam and still got in the 8's. She would surely get in the 8's with that. No...7.65! My heart sank. Oh well... next event I thought. She goes to floor. She immediatly gets confused about where to start her routine at. Then the music starts, doing pretty good and then... she forgets some of her routine and just stands there! Oh, no! Then she finishes it off with a great routine. She will do pretty good I thought, no 8.4 on floor. Oh well... to the next event. Vault. She does a the best vault she had done this year! She still scores pretty low though. That's okay, she still did good! I take a deep breath! Bars next. She starts her bars, looking really good, great casts, great back hip circles then what??? she falls off the bars! Don't know where that came from!! She has never done that even at practice! I say all of that to say this, God let all that happen for a reason. Rememeber that peace I had about me on the way there, that was God alright. He was going to be with us at that meet, but He had another plan for her and for us that day. I truly believe that He let all that happen to teach us a lesson.

This morning the phone rings at 7:45, guess where I am? In Bed!!!! My alarm clock didn't go off! I run to the phone and it's my sister. I didn't even ask why she called (she never calls in the morning) I just said "I'm late!!!!!!". I rush rush and have Eve at school by 8:10!!! I am at work by 8:25. Now... I sit down to take a breather and I think for a moment, WOW, wonder why I was late? God had a hand in that too! I don't know why any of life's "crazy" moments happen but I am sure glad they do! They make us stronger and they protect us from the biggest competition of all...ourselves!!

I am so happy to serve an awesome Savior and I wouldn't trade anything in my life for the love that He gives! Even if I don't get my way. :>)

No comments:

Post a Comment