Friday, July 9, 2010

Hack this hacker...

I bet you didn't know that I went to Nigeria and to France in one day? See... I didn't know I did either! But my debit card number did! I checked my account this morning online like I do every Friday morning and first thing that struck my eye was a transaction to a MD that I had never heard of. It was only for $1.39 but I knew that only meant that someone had my card number! It was early and the banks hadn't opened yet so I took Eve to gymnastics and then I was going to call my bank at 9:00.  When I was dropping her off I received a phone call from the fraudulent department of First Citizens saying that they needed to check a few things on my account that looked suspicious. I knew exactly what they were going to tell me. He asked if I tried to purchase airline tickets to Nigeria this morning and was declined. "Um, no" I said. His response "I guess you weren't in France either this morning trying to purchase computer supplies?". I about died!! I am so thankful that the good Lord was looking at for me because they were caught first thing and they declined their transactions. Imagine what would have happened if they would have went through. We would have been drained dry and who knows when those funds would have been put back in our account! He closed my account and I cut my card up and their mailing me a new one.  The whole time I was listening to the nice customer service Representative from the bank talking to me, all I could think about was the 5 minutes I caught of the news a couple of weeks ago(I never watch the news) about how hackers had hacked into Walmarts around the world and are stealing peoples debit card numbers and making purchases within 24 hours of you shopping at Walmart. Guess where we went last night? WALMART!!!  Be careful if you shop at Wally World! Write a check or use cash until they get this under control, but do not use your debit or credit cards!!!

I'm glad that I have someone on my side who can hack into ANY computer, heart, or anything that He wants to. He can straighten any situation out!  They might can steal my money, or my identity but they can't steal the best, most valuable thing that I have-My precious, Dear Lord!! I'm glad He hacked into my heart 17 years ago and saved me from a life of debt! Who's side are you leaning on..........  I'm leaning on the Lords side!!

 Ephesians3:20-Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us

I have a prayer request as well. Please pray diligently today especially for a friend of mine Leslie Mansfield . She is in India doing Missionary work with her church.
  • Please pray for her and her teams protection
  • Opportunity for sharing the Good News
  • Allow her and the others to refresh and comfort their long-term missionary friends already serving there
  • The protection of her and the others hearts from the depravity of polytheism in India
  • The unity of their team
  • That she and the others would remain God-focused
  •  Most of all the salvation and conviction of souls there for their labor

1 comment:

  1. that is terrifying! wow! glad you got that fixed!

    Jasy looked so grown up with her back pack! Adorable!
    See ya tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete