Thursday, November 5, 2009

Don't worry, just ask...


I am so glad that I have a God that can take all my worries, frustrations, and make them disappear! All I have to do is go to him in prayer, and tell Him exactly what is bothering me and before I know it, there is a piece that overtakes me and that concern that seemed so big becomes so small. Isn't that amazing? He knows just what we need.

On another note, Eve told me the sweetest little story the other day. I picked her up from school and we were driving down the road and she starts in this mature little voice of " Okay...you're so not going to believe what happened to me today?" So she begins to inform me. She starts telling me about how a friend at school gets upset with her when she plays with other people and with people that this friend doesn't like. So Eve tells me how she asked her if she goes to church? The little girl said yes. Eve said, "well then you know that God wants us to be a friend at all times then". She said the little girl looked at her mean and said "whatever". Then, Eve asked her if she was saved? The little girl said no. Eve told me the sweetest little thing. She told me how she told that little friend to meet her under the rock slide at recess and she would show her how to get saved. (precious) The little girl hugged her with excitement and told her how she was the best friend ever. Eve sighed and then said, "Mom, I was so excited all day and I couldn't wait until recess so I could show her and then she didn't show up, wonder why mom"? I quickly said, "well maybe she forgot, or maybe she got nervous, you should pray for her". Eve sat there just soaking it all in like the little sponge that she is.

Again... wish grownups were this excited over spreading the word. I wish I would quit being worried about making someone mad at me and just bite the bullet. Pray for me that I will be a shining light to many friends and co-workers in my life.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go EVE! Wish us old folks could have the wisdom and willingness to show others how to be saved! I am so proud of you...and I bet Jesus smiled about what you did today!!!

    ReplyDelete