Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Routines...

Routines...they are a way of life at our home. I don't think we could live without them. I have instilled major routines in my girls as well and didn't mean to. Get them off of their routines, and you are asking for trouble! Jasy is still adjusting to getting up so early and staying awake all day. She has a rough time in the morning lately getting up. It really breaks my heart to have to go in her bedroom and get her up out of her little bed when she is snoozing so well! Her and all of her "friends" and her blankie. She has to sleep with certain friends every night or it's just not going to work for her. The Eve doll that says big sissy on it, the Garfield that Jason won her out of the machine onetime, Eve's favorite blanket to cuddle with, her little chubby baby, my teddy bear from when I was a little girl and her blankie that she has been inseparable too since she was about 6 months old! Whew...now that's a bed full! If she gets scared during the night she will grab the picture of Jason and me that sits on her nightstand by her bed and put it near her heart and sleep with it. (I know...so pitiful) She is such a caring little girl. God has really blessed her with a warm, caring, sweet personality.

Eve has to have her milk 3 times a day or she will hurt someone! Her binder for school, has got to be in tip top order or she will have a meltdown (Gets that OCD from her mommy) and that's just the icing on the cake with that child!

Jason on the other hand, doesn't have to live by routines. He is good spur of the moment, go. He gives our family a little creativity there. ;)

I am killed over with routines and I honestly need counseling probably. It drives my sister crazy who is "go with the flow", "who cares" type of person. Isn't it so weird how two sisters can be so different? I was reading the Bible Story Cain and Abel last night to Jasy at bedtime (another routine) and it made me think about how different the two brothers were. Abel so obedient and caring and Cain so high strung and self centered.

So tonight, I might, just might, go to bed doing my bedtime routines in a different order!!!! Who says I can't be wild!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment