Tuesday, September 27, 2011

My mind...

Happy Tuesday everyone! What beautiful rain we have been blessed with lately! God is always so good to us! I really am trying to make time again to blog so maybe it will get more consistent. I can tell that we are back in the swing of things again bc my laundry has made it's way into a mountain again in my bedroom floor. Clean, I might say but not folded! Poor clothes get washed and then abandoned for a few days. Oh well, that's part of our life right now. I promised myself to look beyond the dirt in the floor, the pile of laundry in the floor, and the toys in the floor and just step right over them into the more important things. If I died tomorrow, people wouldn't care that I didn't do the laundry or sweep the floors, they would be thinking about what I did here that really matters anyway. Like, witnessing to others, loving my children, helping my husband, teaching and loving my Sunday school class. I am going to confess first hand that those little things bother me and I let them keep seeping into my mind. A lot of things bother me right now. I have a lot on my mind for some reason and I can't seem to shake it. It seems like the Lord has put a vast supply of opinion in me and I usually just keep things to myself but now I can't seem to keep this ole trap shut and it just slips right on out. I don't know if God is preparing me to be more outspoken since for now He has us moving far north in a few years. You know those northerners love to speak their mind lol! I dunno, maybe I am just getting mean the older I get. Pray for me!  One thing that has been on my mind and heart our my girls. (You knew that right!) I pray that my girls find a good christian man that is good to them. Not one that comes from a family of different religions that will not agree with our faith. That worries me because I know that the devil tries hard to fit couples up like that. You take your kids to church and raise them up strong in faith and then when they start dating all you can do is pray that they will find a mate that God sends to them and not the other way around. It's got to be really scary waiting and worrying about who they will bring home when they reach that age. Jason already said that he is not allowing them to ever marry so at least we don't have to worry about that right!? No really, when young couples are dating even the nicest of people can have the worst impact on your child's life. I know that's confusing but I have seen it happen first hand. People who "claim salvation" just to fit into your child's life when really they are living two lives! I know my girls are young but being a parent I have seen the years already fly by and I know I will blink my eyes and hear the door bell ring and some boy standing on our front porch wanting to take one of my girls on a date. Please help me pray for this and pray for our young people. I can see the devil working in them but I know that I serve a God who is bigger and He has the last word!

No comments:

Post a Comment