Monday, October 31, 2011

Deck the halls with fall...

What a nice weekend we had! I love fun weekends that I get to spend with my family! Fall is my favorite time of the year besides Christmas of course! I love the crisp weather, and the BEAUTIFUL changing of the leaves! I love decorating the house with orange and browns, carving pumpkins, buying costumes, making goody bags, making fun treats like candy apples, and  theirs nothing like Halloween candy!!! We had a great party at my moms house Saturday night. She had it for the young kids so they could play games, bob for apples and just have a good time but the grown ups had a blast too. My brother cracked me up in his "gangsta" wear and my sister was the life of the party in her "Old lady costume". Her booty kept knocking the items off the shelf though lol. One year, we had a spooky trail over there. We made a trail in the woods for my dad to drive the tractor through and we had all kinds of spooky creatures along the way. It was so much fun!!! We thought about doing that this year but never got around to it. I think my mom is such a fantastic lady and she really goes all out for her grand kids! My dad is a ball of fun too and I am so thankful for them. My girls worship them!

Tonight I can't wait to take the girls trick or treating! Theirs nothing like dressing up and piling in the car going house to house loading your treat bag full of delicious treats! Eve is 10 this year so I know that she will only want to participate a few more years. I am going to enjoy it while I can.

We had a great trunk or treat at church last night too. My bestie and me (shout out to Andrea!!) decorated my car using a camping theme. It included, a fire (not a real one), marshmallows on skewers, old lit lanterns, picnic baskets, blankets, sleeping bags, hot chocolate, etc. We froze handing out treats but boy did we enjoy every minute of it. I love that sweet lady! She is such a wonderful, genuine person!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Halloween, with lots of trick or treating, candy eating, fun costume wearing kind of night!

From our house to yours,

Peace out suckas (as Jasy would say :)

No comments:

Post a Comment