Thursday, January 7, 2010

Simple pleasures...


This is the one of my best days ever!! This is what Eve said this morning on the way to school. "Why, I asked"? "Because I have a loose tooth, I just saw two deer on the side of the road, it might snow tonight and I have gymnastics today". That was her answer. Simple little pleasures, huh? How many times do we as grownups look over those simple little things that bring warmth to our hearts? I know I am guilty of doing it a lot. Last night after church, we were talking to one of the missionary couples from West Africa. They were showing us all the different things from there and telling us about how the cultures live there and how different it is from here. We began to talk about the weather there and how warm it is. He said that it usually is around 120 degrees there most days!! WOW, and without any source of air conditioning or cooling mechanisms! Here I have been complaining about the cold weather here like a little wimp and they live in these immense conditions daily. What a pleasure having heat and being cool are. What a pleasure having a nice, warm garage to keep my car in at night so I don't have to go out in the freezing cold in the morning and warm my car up. What a pleasure it is to have spoons and utensils to eat with and not having to use our fingers. What a pleasure it is to have heat and air in my car so we don't freeze or burn up where ever we go. To have running water and hot water to bathe with and cold water out of the faucet to drink. I could go on and on today about all the little things that bring me so much pleasure! Speaking of sweet little pleasures, I am really looking forward to that homemade, garden grown, delicious vegetable soup that my mom made me yesterday that I have waiting for me in my lunch bag today, lol.
God blessed us all so much to live in a country and place where we can have so many comforts and availabilities.




In 2010, I want to appreciate the things I have more and give more to those who don't. I want to have that long suffering for those who don't know the Lord and I want to be use able for the journey that I need to be on and want to be on.

No comments:

Post a Comment