Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Vacation fun...

We had such a good time on our vacation! We got there and it seemed like our week just flew by as always. Why is it that when you work and run errands your life just creeps by and the weekend never comes? Weird huh? We had a ball though.  We saw about 7 or 8 dolphins while swimming at the beach.  On the downside, we also witnessed a lot of jelly fish stings. People were getting stung all around us but we were very fortunate. We watched Shark week all week on TV (not such a good idea while at the beach but it was so intriguing) and Eve got a little stressed about being too far in the water. Normally you can't get her out of the water but this year she was a little skeptical. 

 My parents came down on Monday afternoon and spent a couple days with us. We went to Charleston and visited Patriots Point. It was very interesting and I think my parents really enjoyed it a lot. Especially the Vietnam camp, it was neat hearing all the stories from my dad. That evening we went on a carriage tour in downtown Charleston and we had the perfect weather!! It was very cloudy that evening like it was going to come a downpour any moment but in our favor it never did. It was about 60 degrees during our tour with the perfect breeze. Jasy was so comfortable she fell asleep during it. On the way back to the house we stopped by one of my favorite places in the whole world!!! Krispy Kreme!! Y-U-M-M-Y!!!

Right before we left Charleston, we were stopped at a red light in Charleston I looked over and their was this sign.


It took my breath away! Isn't God so good? People don't realize how much He watches over us. If only we knew how much he intervened in our lives and saved us from disastrous situations. Maybe then we would bow down the way we should and praise Him for His wonderful love.

We did a couple activities at the resort with the kids. They built flip flops and did Build a bear. We had a putt putt course on the resort so that is always fun. Jasy has her own unique way of playing, lol. They love stuff like that!!! Thursday my nephew Matthew and his girlfriend Julia came down and visited us. The girls really loved having them down and they are so great with the girls! I miss them already! When it was time to come home on Sunday we didn't want to leave so we procrastinated and went back to Charleston to the market and walked it. They had some beautiful things and I could have stayed there for hours but we were all starving so we went and had a delicious lunch at Olive Garden.  THEN... Outlet shopping on tax free weekend!!  Can I get a Whoop-whoop, :>) I found some great deals on back to school items for the girls. Blue jeans, and got it the cutest backpack, lunchbox and binder for Eve!!! Bath and Body works had a great sale on their hand soap 5 for $15!! Jason even loves that store!!! (shhh!!!) He goes around smelling all the lotion and bringing them to me to smell. He's such a sweet man. He never fussed one time when I wanted to take a million "Kodak Moment" pictures nor when  he  carried my enormous beach load to the beach daily or when he sat and waited on me to look for great finds at the market and the outlets. He just sat in the corner in a chair with the girls, all patiently. That my friend is a sweet man!















I want to go back! Theirs something about having that week to unload your mind of all the stress of daily functions you do at home, and just set your watch on vacation mode! No worries, no stress, just you and your family. I love it so much!! Jason had to go back to work today and he wasn't a happy camper! Me either. Every time I spend all week with him away from it all,  I love him even more. Thank our dear Lord for sweet family vacations!

1 comment:

  1. how cute are all those pictures!

    We had so much fun!

    Maliboooo!

    ReplyDelete