Thursday, March 25, 2010

God given smile...

 
I have had an amazing week so far. I went to the monthly Ladies meeting at church and it was a true blessing to my heart. That night Jason and I were talking about some scriptures that the Lord had put in our hearts. He shared some that God had given him regarding Eve and her situation. He explained to me how his Sunday school teacher had taught on that this past Sunday and then how the preacher touched on it both Sunday morning and Sunday night. I was sitting on the bed at the time of our conversation doing my devotional. I immediately looked down at the book I was studying and flipped forward a few pages, and low and behold there were those scriptures! Philippines 4-8




4: Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice.



5: Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.



6: Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.



7: And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.



8: Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.



Amazing, huh? All week we have been studying on these verses. We have had devotional time with Eve at night before she goes to bed and let's just say it has made the devil MAD! He has come at us full-power and I don't mean just me or just Jason, I mean all three of us! Yesterday, he hit me hard but when I normally would have been quick to react -I wasn't. I felt an ease come about me and I knew that it was just that mean old devil. Last night we went to church and God was there speaking right to me saying "its okay my child, keep going, I'm right here holding your hand". It was all I could do not to stand up and shout like a mad woman! When we got home last night, Eve got out of the shower and started asking me how to spell some words. I didn't notice right off what she was doing but then I caught on. She was writing down Bible verses that God had given her to put in her gym bag. She was writing down things that she knew would help her at her meet this weekend. One being " pray, trust in God to give me strength". How proud I was of my baby to see her trusting in Him. All week, I could see the devil battling Eve. With her attitude, her train of thought, her confidence, but last night (and this morning) she was at such peace. Wearing a God given smile, a heart of hope and confidence for the battle ahead. My heart is overflowing this week. The last couple of meets I have truly dreaded going. I could feel this awful power working to make my daughter fail and to take her joy away. BUT, I am so excited to go watch her this weekend!! I know she is going to have so much fun, and I know that God is going to be there the whole time, holding her little hand. What the devil can take away in a minute our God can restore in a second!



Who am I to be so lucky to have such an amazing Father? Do you know Him? If not, I would love to share my peace with you?



No comments:

Post a Comment