Thursday, January 26, 2012

Comical relief...

We have a typical morning rush everyday for school. Routines of course, and it works-for the most part. I get up, get ready, then I fix breakfast, lay out medications ( Alergy, vitamins) and wake the girls. I usually only have to call Eve one time and she is up at the bar eating. Jasy I have to slowly wake and then carry her to the bar and continue to wake so she doesn't fall off the bar stool. I then fix lunches, grab jackets, re-check bookbags, folders, fix waterbottle, pack snack for Eve ( yeah they get a morning snack since they go to lunch so late in the day), and all while I am repeating "eat up, hurry and eat, you need to eat" over and over and over and over! Then it's a quick clean up, sitting the bookbags, lunch boxes, jackets by the door and getting the girls dressed, teeth brushed, hair fixed. I lay all of our clothes out the night before so it will speed up our morning rush a little. Sometimes, we still have melt downs about what I picked out bc Eve is such a picky child! It's either too itchy, too hot, or she just don't like what I picked out! Then it sets us back! I have to pretty much prompt both of them to do the daily grooming methods to get them to do it. You would think they know that they have to brush their teeth in the morning, use mouthwash, Eve wear deodorant, etc etc etc, but NO!!! Once we get them all presentable to leave the house then it's rush, rush out the door, and since they're both pretty grouchy in the morning I usually have to referee a few times. Eve has to be at school every morning at 7:25 to do flag patrol so I usually drop her off at the school office and Jasy and I wait until they open the doors for all students. This morning it was raining so Eve didn't have to do flag patrol. With the extra time we were able to talk a little more. She started telling me in the car about a conversation that she had with three older team mates on her gymnastics team. They're only a couple of years older but they are in Middle school so they have more information to share. :) She asks me about Health class that you have with boys and what they teach you. ( I know, what?!) So I do the quick switcharoo, you know where I answer her question with another question. "What did they tell you they teach"? "They didn't get to bc it was my turn on bars and the coach told them to stop talking about that" she says. "Oh, well it's probably about some of the things that we have discussed recently (menustration, basic birds and bees---note--basic birds and bees----note again--BASIC birds and bees, she doesn't need to know the whole honey and planting quite yet) that's all, and we will talk more about it in a few months okay"? ", I say. Then she says, "Oh...well that's just embarrassing then that you have to be around boys while learning all that mess"! I am thinking "whew...got through that one for now" and then Jasy yells out "FAG" Eve you didn't do the fag"!!!!! I think "What in the world did you just say and then I remember, Oh she is saying FLag, Eve didn't do the flag this morning! My point in all of this...our mornings are never dull and always full of excitement! You should join us sometime, it would be very comical! Holla!

No comments:

Post a Comment