Saturday, January 14, 2012

CANCUN...

Cancun was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was paradise and we had such a good time! The temperature was perfect and it was nice to escape somewhere warmer. We soaked up the UV and it was very therapeutic!! I left with hives from the medicine that I took from my terrible sinus infection and came back hives free, with a complete mood change, feeling better, and with some color! It was just what I needed! We layed around the pool all day long drinking frozen smoothies and Pepsi and doing absolutely NOTHING! They waited on us left and right and we had food galore! We ate like kings and we ate often. All the food and snacks we wanted and at any time. The girls thought it was neat that they didn't have cash registers there, lol. Jasy and Eve stood by the ice cream machine one day and ate one after another until it ran out! I kid you not! Jasy is now addicted to Strawberry smoothies and she swam up to the bar everyday to get them. The resort we stayed at was full of little gymnasts and their families running around so it was nice to be surrounded by other families.They had an amazing Kiddie area with a waterslide, pirate ship, etc. They also had kid activities all day long with pingpong, ballon animals, volley ball, water games, etc. They loved that! We had different shows to watch every night and they were hilarious!!! Jasy can now do a Michael Jackson impersonation pretty good, lol.

Eves meet went really good!! The team got first and we just weren't expecting that! Eve got her first 9+ of the season and she was in hog heaven! She walked away with three medals!

We made it through customs and security pretty good too. No pat downs but I was the one that the radom alarm went off with on the way home! Yeah, they had to do an explosive test on my hands and all, lol. Probably bc of all the salsa that I had ate while there, lol.

It was so funny looking at the prices on items there bc of course they were all in pesos. Jason went to buy me a candy bar and it was $20! $1 something in US dollars but he about died until they told him that. I looked at a cover up for $529! ($30+ US). Jasy got her a handmade Mexican baby, it is so cute! (It was in U S $'s though)

Iguanas were everywhere there! You walked around the resort and they were just lying on the ground. BIG ones! It was weird. The water was BEAUTIFUL! One of the pools that we stayed at over flowed into a waterfall up under it and it looked like the pool just overflowed into the ocean bc they were the same color! It was neat! They had tiki huts everywhere and big canopy beds right by the pool so you could just lay in bed while soaking in rays. I was amazed by that! It was paradise I tell you! I'm ready to go back already! This darn weather here is too cold! Have you heard that Alaska got 15 feet of snow?!!! Maybe, just maybe, God wanted us to go to Mexico for a reason?! A girl can wish, right!?

1 comment:

  1. I'm jealous :) I want to go there! I cannot believe Jasy got a Mexican doll, and Michael Jackson? What has gotten into her?! :) Someday when I'm brave enough to get on a plane, that will be my destination!

    ReplyDelete