Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Overdone and Overdue...

Please pray for me. I feel overwhelmed the last couple of days and I need God's peace more than ever. I also have a decision that is weighing heavy on my heart that I ask that you pray about.

Jason and I are wanting to take a short little trip for our 11th year anniversary the week of spring break for a day or two. Do you know of somewhere affordable that he and I could escape to? He is on vacation that week and out for spring break from school as well and we REALLY want to get away for a few days-just the two of us. We have never had a break at the same time (except a week in the summer) so we want to take advantage of it. :) AND we have NEVER taken a little time away just the two of us since we had children!!! Don't you think it's overdue?!

2 comments:

  1. Ronnie and I like to go to Hickory Knob State Park. It takes about an hour and a half to get there and it has hiking, fishing, tennis, pool, and golf or you can just sit by the pool. You can stay in a cabin or lodge room or camp. It also has a restaurant but I can't remember if it is open through the week or just the weekends. Just google Hickory Knob State Park and click on the first listing. But now there is nothing else to do there. The only shopping is the gift shop and the closet town is McCormick. Since it is so quiet, it would be perfect for alone time and resting.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go to Charleston. There is so much to do there without spending any money and I always feel so relaxed after walking around and soaking it all in! You can go to Sullivans Island for a day at the beach, or Isle of Palms, but Sullivans is my fave because we can watch the big tanker ships come and go. We never stay in Charleston, but on the outskirts like in Mt.Pleasant because the rates are much cheaper.
    I definitely think you need time away! We had never been anywhere alone either, until our 10 yr anniversary, then that year, Scott had the heart attack and after that he said that taking a trip together was going to be a priority for us. Now it's my favorite thing every year. We are going to the Floriday Keys this year:)
    Let me know where you go.
    PS If you go, go to the visitor center first and get a coupon book. Good deals in there for food. We usually share an entree, and then get icecream or dessert later. That helps with food costs. If you stay in a place with free breakfast, that's another savings.

    ReplyDelete