Tuesday, January 18, 2011

News Update...

Eve had her third meet of the year this past weekend in Knoxville Tennessee. It was nice to go to Tennessee this time of year and see all the beautiful mountains topped with snow! It was absolutely amazing! All along the NC Mountain roads were ice just hanging from the Mountains. I couldn't believe what I saw!



No first place finish for her just yet but she is getting there, slowly but surely. She did get 3rd on vault, 4th on beam and 5th all around today. Her wonderful team level got a 1st place finish and it was fun to watch all 10 of them jump on the first place podium in excitement! When I look back at videos of her from last year at this time, I would never had thought in a million years that she would have come so far in just a year. Her tumbling, bar skills, vault skills, beam skills and most of all her form has gotten so much better! She still has a way too go on her form bc she had established so many bad habits that are just sooo hard to fix. BUT she is getting there. God is helping her with her confidence and now we just have to pray for her nervousness, lol. She gets so nervous. Sometimes I wish she would be judged on warm-up bc she can tear a warm-up out of the frame and then get up there to compete and her nerves set in and it’s a whole new gymnast! Please pray for her bc she only can use the talent that God gave her if she depends on Him solely!
I got a new camcorder for Christmas but it will not let me upload it to my blog for some reason. I videoed her meet so I could let you see but it just didn't work out that way.



Jasy started her big girl gymnastics class yesterday and she was too cute. She kind of looked like Mutt and Jeff compared to most of the girls in her class. It's a 6- 10 yr old class so she was the only 5 year old in there with mostly 9 and 10 year olds. She held her own on the beam, bars, and vault but she didn't quite have the upper body strength on the floor yet. Eve said she was going to come up with some strengthening/conditioning for her to do to prepare her, lol. The first thing Jasy said after class was "I'm hungry"! That child can eat I'm telling you! I have one that will eat you out of house and home and another one that you have to threaten to get her to eat! So opposite!



I am going today to register my sweet, innocent little baby girl for K-5 for next year! Those rotten people say I have to put her in school even though she is still a baby! Can you believe that!? She tells me all the time that Papa is going to sign her out anytime she calls him bc he said he would. I guess I'll have to take him off the pickup list! Well I better leave him on there bc sure as the world he will still go up there and pick her up and tell them that he doesn't care what they say he is taking her with him. It will be on the 5:00 news show! "***NEWS UPDATE***child kidnapped at Six Mile Elementary-amber alert issued".



Jason got his exams back last night and I am happy to say that he passed all of them with flying colors! He also got nothing below a 93 on his report card! (I don't know if that's what you call it in college) Yay Jason!!!! Woot-Woot!!!



Please pray for my dad bc he goes to the doctor in a couple of weeks for the results of his x-rays. He has COPD and it's just getting worse. He coughs all the time and he wheezes really badly especially at night. He also has to have a knot cut off his arm so pray for those results as well if you would. I love my daddy so much and I don't know what I would do without him!

No comments:

Post a Comment