Saturday, November 13, 2010

Tis the Seasons...

It's Saturday!!!! Yay!!!! It has been a crazy week! Tis the Season for all the nasty germs!!! Jasy has been sick most of the week. Upper Respiratory Infection and the Croup!! She seems to be doing better today though. Just a little upset stomach from the medicine. (Lets just hope it's from the medicine) Last night we just stayed at home bc we never get to be all at home at the same time now a days. Their was so much that we "could have been doing" but we opted to spend time together as a family instead. Do you know what we did? We put our Christmas trees up!!!! Ever since 102.5 has started playing Christmas music 24/7 I am in the Holiday spirit!!!! I love this time of year! The beauty of everything is so wonderful. I know it's early but I want to enjoy it longer this year. I have so much to be thankful for and I don't want it to fly by. I think I will do a lot of baking this year, create a lot of homemade gifts that we can do together, and just enjoy things more.


 I made cookies and we played Christmas tunes and we just had a good ole' time. The girls put their trees up in their rooms and we hung our stockings by the chimney with care.  We buy them a special ornament each year in remembrance of something special that happened to them that year. We write the occasion/date on it so we can go back and know exactly what that ornament was for in hopes of taking a walk down memory lane. Last night, Eve was a bit upset about her "Yellow"  (her black lab) ornament. She loved him so much and it's still so hard for her to let him go. Jasy was thrilled to hang her new ballerina ornament this year! I was happy to change my colors a bit on my tree! Jason doesn't understand that every 10 years or so, you just need a new look! So we comprimised. I kept my old ornaments (minus the gold) and just added some new ones with the colors I wanted. It turned out really nice.
 
I started some of my shopping and I am hoping that I will be able to give so much this year. Not the expensive gifts or anything "fancy"- just of myself more. As a better Wife, Mom, Teacher, Sunday School Teacher, Aunt, Sister, Daughter, Friend, but most of all as a Christian. After all... what is the season REALLY about, right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment