Thursday, May 3, 2012

A season of up's and downs...(but we are so grateful for every minute)

Here is a little video I made of pictures from some of Eve's meets this year. Nothing great, but I wanted a little something to remember this year. It was a year of ups and downs but I am more proud of her than ever! I think sports are a good way to get a preview of how your child handles life and will handle life. Perseverance, determination, self control, work ethic, inner strength, etc all show up in those fun activities that are children like to do. If we focus long enough we will be able to see things we would never be able to see otherwise. By the end of last season, Eve was struggling so much with mental blocks that she didn't even go to state even though she qualified her very first meet last year. I thought that we were reaching the point where she would throw in the towel and say  "I quit" but instead she has done the opposite. When things get tough you can either stop or let it make you stronger and teach you something. I am proud to say that she preserverd through it and it has taught her so much. She is still battling it daily but the she is still pushing forward. Some days are better than others but lately she is having more good than bad! She has really opened up to me a lot lately and if anything good came out of this that would be around the top of my list. :)

So this is to the 2011-2012 gymnastics season! The good thing about gymnastics is you can always say "That was last season it's all over and done with, We start new this season!" Go get em girl! Faith will never steer you wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment